bubble features circular inlay patterns and is handcrafted in natural wood and plastic inlay. bubble comes with a 36" long chain and hangs at mid-chest.
Each piece is approximately 3" x 1" and is between 3/16" and 1/4" thick. Each one is unique: Click the images below for bubble currently for purchase through my ETSY store.
The process of crafting bubble:.
- Wood is selected, cut to size and roughly sanded.
- Using forstner type drill bits, I carefully drill approximately 1/2 way through the piece in a pattern. Where circles overlap the edge of the piece, the edge is cut the rest of the way through with a hand saw.
- Plastic inlay material is applied to the piece to fill the circles.
- To finish, the piece is finely sanded to ease sharp edges and sealed with a clear wood sealer.
- The back of the piece is painted a gloss black.
Materials: Natural wood, Plastic inlay, Clear wood sealer, gloss black paint. Chains and findings are hypoallergenic.
I hand craft bubble and my other series of wood jewelry in my workshop located in Tucson, Arizona.