A natural wood tie clip for any occasion, clip is handcrafted in mesquite wood and plastic inlay.
Each piece is approximately 2-1/8" x 3/8" and is 3/8" thick. Each one is unique: clip is currently sold out through my ETSY store, please email me at email@example.com to order.
The process of crafting clip contains many steps.
- I start with mesquite logs which have been seasoning in my shop for over 2 years.
- I mill the rough log down into individual blanks.
- A single shallow groove is cut into the piece. The initial cut for each groove is made on my customized table saw. The section which wraps down the side of the piece is cut by hand with a jewelers saw.
- Plastic inlay material is applied to the piece to fill the groove.
- A manufactured tie clip is attached to the back of the piece with industrial adhesive.
- To finish, the piece is finely sanded to ease sharp edges and sealed with a clear wood sealer.
Materials: Mesquite wood, Plastic inlay, Clear wood sealer, metal tie clip.
I hand craft clip and my other series of wood jewelry in my workshop located in Tucson, Arizona.