Simple and refined link cufflinks are handcrafted in walnut wood and plastic inlay. link is sold in pairs.
Each piece is approximately 1/2" x 1/2" and is between 1/4" and 3/8" thick. Each one is unique.
link is currently sold out through my ETSY store, please email me at email@example.com to order.
The process of crafting link is similar to many of the pendant necklaces which I make.
- Walnut wood is selected, cut to size and roughly sanded.
- Shallow grooves are cut into the piece. The initial cut for each groove is made on my customized table saw. The section which wraps down the side of the piece is cut by hand with a jewelers saw.
- Cufflink hardware is inserted into the groove
- Plastic inlay material is applied to the piece to fill the grooves.
- To finish, the piece is finely sanded to ease sharp edges and sealed with a clear wood sealer.
Materials: Walnut wood, Plastic inlay, Clear wood sealer, metal cufflink hardware.
I hand craft link and my other series of wood jewelry in my workshop located in Tucson, Arizona.