Elegant and understated, meridian is handcrafted in walnut wood and plastic inlay. meridian comes with a 20" long chain and hangs at mid-chest.
Each piece is approximately 1-7/8" x 1/2" and is 1/2" thick. Each one is unique: Click the Images below for meridian currently for purchase through my ETSY store.
I hand craft meridian and my other series of wood jewelry in my workshop located in Tucson, Arizona. Each one is unique.
The process of crafting meridian:
- Walnut wood is selected, cut to size and roughly sanded.
- A single precise but shallow groove is cut around four sides of the piece.
- The longer cuts are made on a customized table saw. The top and bottom grooves are cut by hand with a jewelers saw.
- Plastic inlay material is applied to the piece to fill the grooves. To finish, the piece is finely sanded to ease sharp edges and sealed with a clear wood sealer.
- Walnut wood, Plastic inlay, Clear wood sealer, gloss black paint. All chains and findings are hypoallergenic.