trace is defined by one or two vertical lines of color. Handcrafted in walnut wood and plastic inlay. trace comes with a 36" long chain and hangs at mid-chest.
Each piece is approximately 3" x 1" and is between 3/16" and 1/4" thick. Each one is unique: click the images below for trace currently for purchase through my ETSY store.
The process of crafting trace contains many steps.
- Walnut wood is selected, cut to size and roughly sanded.
- One or two shallow grooves are cut into the piece in a unique vertical pattern. The initial cut for each groove is made on my customized table saw. The section which wraps down the side of the piece is cut by hand with a jewelers saw.
- Plastic inlay material is applied to the piece to fill the grooves.
- To finish, the piece is finely sanded to ease sharp edges and sealed with a clear wood sealer.
- The back of the piece is painted a gloss black.
Materials: Walnut wood, Plastic inlay, Clear wood sealer, gloss black paint. Chains and findings are hypoallergenic.
I hand craft trace and my other series of wood jewelry in my workshop located in Tucson, Arizona.